Who can have a massage?
COVID-19 UPDATE: If you are in the High Risk or Moderate Risk categories for Covid-19, then please consult your GP before booking an appointment to ensure that they are happy for you to see me.
If you do attend for therapy, then your appointment duration will be limited to 60 minutes contact time and we will do your consultation and aftercare advice by phone.
I will ask you to provide and wear a face mask for the duration of your appointment. I will also wear a face covering and visor for your appointment. If you have any additional requirements, please discuss this when you book your appointment.
Please do not attend your appointment if you have experienced any symptoms of Corona Virus in the two weeks before your appointment time.
Please do not attend your appointment if you have knowingly been in contact with anyone who has experienced any symptoms of Corona Virus in the two weeks before your appointment time.
Massage is generally a safe treatment for most people. However there are health factors known as contra-indications which may affect the type of treatment we can offer you.
If you are concerned about any of the following information or would like to discuss which massage is most suitable for you, please call or email.
Please feel free to contact me to discuss any concerns or queries you might have regarding the lists above or any conditions that you are experiencing that you feel might affect your suitability for massage.
Total contra-indications mean that you cannot receive any massage with any of the following conditions:
- Contagious or infectious diseases
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Recent operations
- Skin diseases
- First Trimester of Pregnancy
Local contra-indications mean that the therapist cannot massage over areas affected by the following conditions:
- Undiagnosed lumps and bumps
- Varicose veins
- Cuts and abrasions
- Undiagnosed pain
G.P Medical Referral means that we cannot treat a client with any of the following conditions unless you have written consent from your doctor or health professional:
- Cardio – vascular conditions (heart conditions, hypertension, hypotension, thrombosis, phlebitis)
- Any condition already being treated by a medical practitioner
- Any condition already being treated by another complementary health professional
- Medical Oedema
- Acute Arthritis and Rheumatism
- Nervous and psychotic conditions
- Asthma and Bronchitis
- Kidney infections
- Bell’s Palsy, trapped or pinched nerves
- Gynaecological infections
- Recent operations