Massage Workshop For Two
Learn to massage your partner
Massage has been practised for thousands of years and by people without any form of qualification. It has huge benefits and if it is received regularly, it can have a dramatic effect on your life both mentally and physically.
To Book your Massage Workshop for Two, text 07988 863914
It was a great massage workshop which honed in specifically on what we wanted to learn and different muscle groups. Really well pitched to our level. Thank you for a wonderful time and making us both feel very comfortable and confident despite COVID measures.
Benefits of massage
- Relaxes the body and mind
- Reduces general and specific muscular aches and pains
- Soothes the nervous system
- Helps promote digestion
- Increases the mobility in joints
- Promotes good mental health and reduces physical feelings of stress and anxiety
- Helps your immunity by increasing white blood cell counts
- Improves recovery from exercise
- Alleviates sleep disorders, and many more emotional and physical problems
But having a massage on a regular basis is not always practical or affordable. We’ve heard the story a thousand times; “my partner won’t massage me”, or “s/he stops after five minutes”.
During your private massage workshop you will learn
- How to massage safely and confidently, delivering a relaxing and enjoyable massage
- How to massage without your hands aching
- Basic effleurage techniques
- Specific techniques such as percussion, friction, kneading and when best to implement them
- How to relieve particular areas of tension that your partner suffers from
- A simple routine to follow that has been designed and tailored especially to suit you and your partner’s needs
- Contraindications to massage (when not to do it)
The workshop was excellent - we felt we learnt a huge amount in 2.5 hrs. It will make a long term difference to us as we now feel confident to give each other an effective massage. The theory was a necessary background but for me being shown how to massage and corrected when I made mistakes was the most useful bit. We were both sleepy afterwards! The workshop was Brilliant... taking a video of the massage at the end will help us to remember what we have been taught. I would like to think that once we have practised what we have learnt we will be back for a follow up session to broaden our skill set. Jayne is a wonderful teacher who was both professional and friendly and made us feel very comfortable - thank you.
What will happen during the massage workshop?
The best way to learn is by doing, and so following a thorough introduction and outline you will take it in turns to massage each other. This means that for approximately thirty minutes of the workshop you each will be having a relaxing massage.
Your lesson will involve actively performing a massage as your instructor guides and coaches you to perfect the techniques. Your massage will follow a standard massage sequence and you and your partner will be taught to constructively feedback so you can both receive the most effective massage possible.
Can I really learn to give an effective massage in 2.5 hours?
Absolutely, massage is not rocket science. There are a few simple techniques to practice and after that you will be able to confidently deliver a relaxing massage to your partner.
This course does not qualify you to deliver massage and charge for it.
Most massage therapists learn to massage in exactly the same manner that you will, but what then separates them is practice. By regularly practicing your massage techniques you will begin to discover that you can feel what is happening under the surface of the skin.
Feedback from your partner is what helps to make you increasingly confident and competent.
- Your massage workshop will last 2.5 hours in total
- The cost of our 2.5 hour Relaxation Massage Workshop is £140
- This price includes you being able to video the individualised routine that we create for you
- To learn to massage you need to bring a partner or a friend and you will both practice giving and receiving massage
- This workshop does not qualify you as a massage therapist in any way
- If you suffer from any of the below issues please consult your doctor before attending:
Contraindications to massage:
Fever, High blood pressure, Infectious diseases, Hernia, Osteoporosis, Varicose veins, Broken bones, Skin problems, Cancer, HIV infection. If you have any other medical conditions that might affect your suitability for the workshop, please just get in touch with me and I can advise you.
The workshop was very enjoyable and informative. I’m looking forwards to putting the new techniques into practice this weekend! The format of the session felt very professional, the learning moved at a good pace and I appreciated having the theoretical grounding before we moved on to the more practical side of things.
Remedial or Sports Massage Workshop
The Price for this Workshop is £140 for 2hrs 30mins with Jayne
This price includes you being able to video the individualised routine that we create for you
This workshop takes the same structure as above but is far more individualised. During this session the massage therapist will help you to discover the best way to massage specific areas of tension you might have.
For example you may spend long hours at a desk and suffer from tight shoulders and neck. Stopping work is not an option and regular massage can be costly and time consuming. We can help your partner learn to work out your specific stresses and help make your neck pain a thing of the past.
During the Sports Massage Workshop you will learn:
- Deep Tissue massage
- Deep friction
- Trigger pointing
- Effective use of thumbs, knuckles, forearms and elbows.
Indian Head/Chair Massage Workshop
The Price for this Workshop is £140 for 2hrs 30mins with Jayne
This workshop takes the same structure as the Relaxation Massage Workshop above, but focuses on the upper back, neck, arms, shoulders, head and face. This is a seated massage and is ideal for those looking for a relaxing treatment. For more information about Indian Head Massage, please see our Individual treatments page.
Thai Foot Workshop
This workshop also takes the same structure as the Relaxation Massage Workshop, but focuses on the feet and lower leg. For more information about Thai Foot Massage, please see our Individual treatments page.
The workshop was excellent. My wife and I learnt about the history, science and benefits of massage and then how to massage each other. The therapist was highly professional, friendly, knowledgeable and put us at ease. We learnt lots about massage for helping with stress and post-exercise muscle stiffness and will doubtless be back for a refresher. We gained a better understanding of how the body works so more chance of effective self-care. It was very and fun/interesting too. Jayne is a great teacher who listens and adopts just the right tone