Massage Workshop For Two
Massage Workshops are held at:
- Trym Lodge, 1 Henbury Road, Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol
Learn to massage your partner
Massage has been practised for thousands of years and by people without any form of qualification. It has huge benefits and if it is received regularly, it can have a dramatic effect on your life both mentally and physically.
To Book your Massage Workshop for Two, text 07988 863914
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the workshop. We both found it very relaxed and relaxing, informative and personal. Thank you so much for such an amazing idea. The environment was relaxed and you have given us useful skills to continue practicing at home.
Benefits of massage
- Relaxes the body and mind
- Reduces general and specific muscular aches and pains
- Soothes the nervous system
- Helps promote digestion
- Increases the mobility in joints
- Promotes good mental health and reduces physical feelings of stress and anxiety
- Helps your immunity by increasing white blood cell counts
- Improves recovery from exercise
- Alleviates sleep disorders, and many more emotional and physical problems
But having a massage on a regular basis is not always practical or affordable. We’ve heard the story a thousand times; “my partner won’t massage me”, or “s/he stops after five minutes”.
During your private massage workshop you will learn
- How to massage safely and confidently, delivering a relaxing and enjoyable massage
- How to massage without your hands aching
- Basic effleurage techniques
- Specific techniques such as percussion, friction, kneading and when best to implement them
- How to relieve particular areas of tension that your partner suffers from
- A simple routine to follow that has been designed and tailored especially to suit you and your partner’s needs
- Contraindications to massage (when not to do it)
The workshop was really good. We learned a great deal, had chance to practise, and had fun. We both felt tired and relaxed following the workshop. We haven't yet put the new skill into practice but we anticipate it will be very useful. We may well return for an Indian head massage workshop.
What will happen during the massage workshop?
The best way to learn is by doing, and so following a thorough introduction and outline you will take it in turns to massage each other. This means that for approximately thirty minutes of the workshop you each will be having a relaxing massage.
Your lesson will involve actively performing a massage as your instructor guides and coaches you to perfect the techniques. Your massage will follow a standard massage sequence and you and your partner will be taught to constructively feedback so you can both receive the most effective massage possible.
Can I really learn to give an effective massage in 2.5 hours?
Absolutely, massage is not rocket science. There are a few simple techniques to practice and after that you will be able to confidently deliver a relaxing massage to your partner.
This course does not qualify you to deliver massage and charge for it.
Most massage therapists learn to massage in exactly the same manner that you will, but what then separates them is practice. By regularly practicing your massage techniques you will begin to discover that you can feel what is happening under the surface of the skin.
Feedback from your partner is what helps to make you increasingly confident and competent.
- Your massage workshop will last 2.5 hours in total
- The cost of our 2.5 hour Relaxation Massage Workshop is £120
- This price includes you being able to video the individualised routine that we create for you
- To learn to massage you need to bring a partner or a friend and you will both practice giving and receiving massage
- This workshop does not qualify you as a massage therapist in any way
- If you suffer from any of the below issues please consult your doctor before attending:
Contraindications to massage:
Fever, High blood pressure, Infectious diseases, Hernia, Osteoporosis, Varicose veins, Broken bones, Skin problems, Cancer, HIV infection. If you have any other medical conditions that might affect your suitability for the workshop, please just get in touch with me and I can advise you.
The workshop was really useful. We’ve already put some techniques into practice and are working on expanding that. We now feel we have the confidence to keep trying and developing our skills.
Remedial or Sports Massage Workshop
The Price for this Workshop is £120 for 2hrs 30mins with Jayne
This price includes you being able to video the individualised routine that we create for you
This workshop takes the same structure as above but is far more individualised. During this session the massage therapist will help you to discover the best way to massage specific areas of tension you might have.
For example you may spend long hours at a desk and suffer from tight shoulders and neck. Stopping work is not an option and regular massage can be costly and time consuming. We can help your partner learn to work out your specific stresses and help make your neck pain a thing of the past.
During the Sports Massage Workshop you will learn:
- Deep Tissue massage
- Deep friction
- Trigger pointing
- Effective use of thumbs, knuckles, forearms and elbows.
Indian Head/Chair Massage Workshop
The Price for this Workshop is £120 for 2hrs 30mins with Jayne
This workshop takes the same structure as the Relaxation Massage Workshop above, but focuses on the upper back, neck, arms, shoulders, head and face. This is a seated massage and is ideal for those looking for a relaxing treatment. For more information about Indian Head Massage, please see our Individual treatments page.
Thai Foot Workshop
This workshop also takes the same structure as the Relaxation Massage Workshop, but focuses on the feet and lower leg. For more information about Thai Foot Massage, please see our Individual treatments page.
Holistic Workshop Testimonial
We really enjoyed the holistic massage workshop - the whole experience was very informative, we learnt about basic anatomy of the upper back in order to understand why different areas require different techniques. Different pressure levels and using different parts of the hands, knuckles, elbows and how important it is to communicate during the massage so it can be comfortable for the person receiving the massage. We are using the massage techniques at least once a week - it has been a really great to help relax before bedtime and/or after a long day at work. We will definitely be returning to try the Indian head massage or deep tissue sports massage workshops.